LAST REVISION: 31-12-2014
www.checkgaadi.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
www.checkgaadi.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31-12-2014
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and other personal details
- Contact information including email address and phone numbers
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use this information to send you the vehicle inspection reports and/or any other Products you may have purchased from the Company
- We may use the information to improve our Products.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Internal record keeping
When your account is deleted, your information collected during Registration/purchase of Product(s)/ Contact form, subsequently will be archived on our database
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- You will not provide any false personal information on www.checkgaadi.com, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- If you are creating an account for a “Company”, you should be the official representative of that “Company” and have permission to create an account on their behalf. If this is violated, the Company will hold the rights of removing your account.
- You will not have more than one active personal account, at any given time.
- You will not have more than one active company account, at any given time.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, if applicable, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account, if applicable, to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account, if applicable, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
- You will not post defamatory or inflammatory remarks of any kind about www.checkgaadi.com and the Company.
- You will not use www.checkgaadi.com to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- You will not promote or encourage illegal activity.
- You will not interfere with other www.checkgaadi.com users’ enjoyment of the service.
- You will not sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any unauthorized commercial purpose or transfer any www.checkgaadi.com account.
- You will not modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the www.checkgaadi.com service.
- You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the www.checkgaadi.com service.
- You will not reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the www.checkgaadi.com service.
- You must promptly notify the Company of any breach of security related to the Products, including but not limited to unauthorized use of your password or account, if applicable.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may share your Information with agents, contractors or partners (the “Partners”) of the Company in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, us. These Partners will be restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for the Company, or services for the collaboration in which they and Company are engaged (for example, our vehicle inspection partners). By entering your personal information on this website and/or buying our Products, for example, you acknowledge that we may share your information with Partners of the Company in connection with the Products you have purchased, and you consent that we may share your Information with Partners for this purpose.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.